Triangle Head Tattoo

How Much We Got?  $100.00
66.67%
$00.00
$150.00

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Traffic and talking clams

So I'm driving back to school tonight and I hit a ton of traffic. Traffic sucks and I didn't feel like dealing with it so I pulled over to have a picnic on the side of the road. I layed out a blanket, set out my food and lit a couple candles, vanilla bean scented candles from bed bath and beyond. While sitting there enjoying my gourmet french cruller I noticed a clam next to me. Pretty average clam. About 8 feet across wearing white paco shorts and a FILA t shirt. I asked him if he wanted to join me and he said no. That pissed me off. I reached out to this clam, being the nice guy that I am and he was a dickhead. I wasn't going to stand for this. I kicked him in the head and told him he was mean. He was shocked, but I could tell he felt bad. He apologized and offered me a glass of merlot as a peace offering. It was a 2005 with an oaky undertone. He probably shouldve opened it sooner as a wine like that needs to breathe but I didn't mind. We ended up having a great conversation. Turns out he's got a son majoring in art history at suffolk university and a daughter who's a senior at needham high school. She's already gotten into roger williams but she's waiting on bryant. He seems pretty optimistic about her chances but who really knows. Anyway, traffic lightened up and I went on my way. He left me with some parting words that will stick with me for the rest of my life. He lit his pipe, took a small sip of his third glass of wine, slowly looked up at me and said, "when you're a clam, life is easy because you don't need a job or have to pay bills, you're a fucking clam." I know what you're thinking.
"Wow, that is deep."
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment: