Triangle Head Tattoo

How Much We Got?  $100.00
66.67%
$00.00
$150.00

Friday, September 17, 2010

Calm Down TV Show!

As we all know, summer TV shows are usually the worst.  The acting is terrible, the writing is pathetic and the plots are more absurd than the fact that I thought I was actually going to get some work done today.  I think the problem with some of these shows is that they feel like they have to hook you in the first episode or else you'll be lost to the constant summer re-runs of shows you actually like.

There was one show that I watched this summer that took this concept to the next level.  It was a two hour pilot for a show called, "The Bridge."  It is about a particular police precinct that apparently is fucking out of control and here is everything that happened in the show.

Two different policemen committed suicide.
One policeman killed his wife during an argument.
A drug dealer was accidentally killed.
A police officer had to have a leg amputated.
Another police officer was on the verge of suicide.
One cop randomly went from normal cop to union president. (He wasn't even a union representative yet)
Three corrupt cops were discovered and arrested.
This police precinct went on strike.
A woman in her 80s purposely ran over 2 homeless men.

Are you kidding me? Seriously?  I could not believe it.  I literally sat there and on four separate occasions, turned to my dad and said, "Could anything else possibly happen in this episode."  Yes.  Yes it can.

No comments:

Post a Comment