Triangle Head Tattoo

How Much We Got?  $100.00
66.67%
$00.00
$150.00

Monday, June 21, 2010

Unpaid Bitch!

So, as most of you know, I am doing an unpaid internship this summer.  For those of you who are not sure what that means, it means I work 40 hours a week and my compensation is experience.  Awesome!  Currently, I am adding to my experience, how to solicit free rounds of golf for raffle prizes.  Executive Training Program, here I come!

Anyway, it's really the unpaid part that is the hardest to deal with.  I mean, as a graduate student who didn't have a graduate assistantship last year (1 of 4 in my class of 30 who didn't get one), I have very limited financial resources.  Add that to an unpaid internship and my money woes deepen.  Add that to a car that gets 13 mpg, and this is getting ugly.  Add that to a part time job that is taking over 3 weeks to "check my references" and I'm looking penniless.  You might think to yourself, Adam, at least it can't get any worse.  Well, you're an idiot.

Well now you're thinking, Adam, how could it get worse?  Well I'll tell you exactly how an unpaid internship can get worse.  Pay a towing company $115 to get your car back because of mother slapping street cleaning!  That's how.  Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Like seriously?  That's like getting beat up by a midget and then having a  dog pee on you.  Like it's not the dogs fault that you're getting peed on but it just really sucks that he's doing it.

Just as a side note, how much does getting towed suck!  I went out to get into my car and saw that the entire street was empty.  Two possibilities.  One, I'm a fucking idiot and I got towed.  Two, a gang of ninja car thieves came through and just made a killing.  I'm never sure which one it is, but I'm always hoping its #2 just for the story. 

1 comment:

  1. $10 dues paid for ur crazy blowing skills.

    ReplyDelete